Thursday, December 13, 2012

Shaping the Path Forward

My question is: what was the most important thing you learned in 2012?
How does this learning shape the path going forward?

I offer this classic poem in response  to the first question.

No Man Is An Island by John Donne
No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee. 
And it shapes me in this way. I will always be a grateful person for the people who have come into my life, new this year. This includes a host of health car professionals who became part of the family over 8 months. I will always be grateful for the friends who stood with me through the years. I thought I was on a lonely journey alone ,but they were  there. I will be thankful forever to my relatives, especially my son and daughter, and sister-in-law for their support and courage in difficult times. And of course thankful to my grandson for being born at a perfect time.
It is over flowing generosity, care, and love that has taught me this year, and these are the virtues that shape the path forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment