Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Just keep walking

How did you nourish your beautiful body in 2012?
What self-care practices will you take with you into 2013?

It is easy to fall apart. I just look in the mirror, and there is an instance of it. My hair is gray. It was only within the past few years that this has happened. I blame it on stress, or on old age, or probably both.

Then I stepped back from the mirror, put on my walking shoes, and walked three miles. I didn't bother looking in the mirror the next day, but I walked three miles again. On another day, I walked five miles, and still another, seven miles.

It is important to be comfortable as you walk. Good shoes are a must. Trim your toenails so they don't jam into the toe of the shoe. Adjust the laces so they are not too tight. Wear waterproof shoes if you are trodding through mud and water. Go at a sustainable pace to get you where you want to go. Make sure you have time to do the walk. Better yet, take the time to do the walk.

I think I will not look in the mirror, and just keep walking. My body likes it. My mind likes it. Gray hair? Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment